Monday, November 22, 2010

My best friend Disney

After all the trauma of the cruise, I decided we should all go to Disneyland for healing and fun. I had always found solace there in the past, and for those who really know me, it is my home. I had always been told that the middle of Nov is a light crowd, and that would be great. I wanted to go early but we just couldn't pull it off. It was about 12:30 when we got there, and I noticed horrible crowds. it was worse than I had ever seen it. I found out later that it was the lighting ceremony for Christmas, and all the season pass holders were there to see it. I don't fault them for that as I would have been there too if I were in their place. It was so crowded and we were so late that we couldn't do Disney the way I usually do. The line to get a dole whip was at least an hour, so we went without. We made the best of our day and actually had a good time, and did a bunch of things that we don't usually bother with. The kids had a blast on pirate island, and the paddle boats. We spent almost all of our time in adventureland. I loved the Chirstmas haunted house. We got more drenched on splash mountain then ever before. It sure made us laugh but we were cold and wet the rest of the day. It wasn't like the many times we have ridden than ride 10 times at the end of the day and been fine. I also loved Christmas it's a small world. I have always wanted to see Disney at Christmas. We saw some fireworks, and watched Fantasmic. We had a great time. However, we spent about $800.00 for the day. That is a lot of money to spend for the little bit that we got to do. For the first time in my life I have lost the magic. I don't want to go to Disneyland. Standing in all those lines was not healing for us. I almost feel like I was hurting, so went home to talk to mother, and she wasn't there. It wasn't Disney's fault. It was just bad luck. I'm taking Pam and Desi to Disney World in March, and I know it will be totally different as we will be with a large group. I hope the magic returns for me someday.

2 comments:

motherofangels said...

Oh, that is so sad mom! The magic will return if you change your perspective! You maybe shouldn't have gone that day since all of you needed some rest.

donaldquackers said...

you're right. I know that now, I just didn't know it then. I could have done so many other things that day that would have been more healing.

Followers