Friday, December 10, 2010

Grandkids



I am thankful for my grandkids. I love each one. They are all different, and that just makes it better. Heavenly Father sent me the first 3, Bryton, Desi and Tommy at a time in my life when I needed a lift. They filled my soul with the joy that had been missing for a while. Let's talk about the kids.

Bryton is 9. He likes Karate, Cub Scouts, and playing games. He's a smart boy and recently got a great report card. He's been living with me for his whole life. I'm not his mom and I know that but sometimes it still seems so. He'll be moving away soon. I know it is the right thing for him and his mom, but for me it is already ripping my guts out. Now I'm crying so I'm just going to move on to the rest.

Desi is 9. She loves to dance. In March her mom and I are taking her to Florida to compete with her team for the national dance championship. They have a good chance of winning. Her last report card was all A's. She wants to be a teacher some day. Desi is the one that teases me and I love it. She often sticks out her tongue and says Ha ha when I mess up. We both think it's funny

Tommy is 8. He lives in Canada so I don't see him so much. He is a tender child. He cares about other people and how they feel. He is a peacemaker. He loves sports of all kind. I recently had the joy of attending his baptism. He is a good helper for his mom. His family spent a few weeks with us in October and I loved getting to know him better.

Ariana is 5. She started kindergarten and she loves it. She is learning so fast. She loves to dance too, and is in her first year of competing. A year ago she played a little sister in the nutcracker. It is in the first act, and then she was finished. Her mom went back stage to get her and found her dressed to be a candy cane. She wanted so desperately to go out on stage again, and she almost made it. Ariana makes me laugh.

Devin is 4. He is all boy. He learned how to ride a 2 wheeler last year, and now he can go anywhere. He likes to fix things. He is happiest with something to take apart. He carries a tape measure most of the time. I've given him a few things here to fix and he did it. He loves hanging out with his dad. I love to listen to him talk. Some of his words come out messed up and sound so cute.

Sophia is 4. She is all princess. She is all about dress up and makeup and girl play. Sophia reminds me of the princess and the pea. She has a wonderful imagination. I watched her perform in the nutcracker this year and she did a great job at it. Tonight she and Lucy are coming over while the parents go out for the night. I can hardly wait as I don't get to see them much.

Kyla is 2. She is my adventure girl. She recently climbed up in the closet to get the candy down. It gave her mom quite a scare. She does these kinds of things a lot and keeps life refreshing. Her mom is currently working on potty training with some sucess.

Lucy is almost 2. Now Lucy is my baby. She is the last one I have had here in my home for many hours. I used to sit and hold her for hours. She is so sweet and soft. I don't see her much any more, and I don't even know if she remembers me. The last time I saw her on Thanksgiving she just looked at me like she had never seen me before.

Macy is 10 months. Macy has Down Syndrome. Right now, she is a baby like any other. She is fun to hold and cuddle, and a joy to watch her learn. I attended her baby blessing and it was a time I will remember forever. She had been very ill up until the blessing and has been fine since. The words of the blessing were inspiring to me and I felt that angels were in the room with us. I know Heavenly Father is mindful of her. I pray that as she grows she will be accepted by her peers, and that she will have the ability to love life.

I love these children. Thank you Heavenly Father for letting me have each of them in my life.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Schatz said...

Thanks for the introduction of each of your grandkids! They look so precious. I can see what a blessing grandkids must be.

I'm so glad to hear about Macy. Talk about gorgeous! She will bring her family so much joy. I promise.

Ethan was excited to see Bryton on your blog!

Followers